- Dwight International School remains committed to Cowichan - Cowichan News Leader Pictorial
Dwight International School remains committed to CowichanCowichan News Leader PictorialCowichan
educational pillar, Dwight International School, is not selling its Shawnigan Lake site and leaving the valley, the head of school says. Contrary to Dwight's advertisement — through agent Jones Lang LaSalle — indicating its 23.1-acre ...
- Norovirus infects five seniors at Cowichan Lodge - Abbotsford News
Norovirus infects five seniors at Cowichan LodgeAbbotsford News
Acute stomach flu, known as norovirus, has infected five senior residents at Cowichan
Lodge, Island Health officials confirmed Wednesday morning. Currently, no staff have called the workplace call centre to report they are ill with noro-like symptoms ...
- Evening parent teacher interviews back - Cowichan Valley Citizen
Evening parent teacher interviews backCowichan Valley Citizen
Parents who objected this year to strictly daytime parent teacher interviews have made an impact on the Cowichan
Valley school district. The 2014/15 school calendar, adopted at the end of March by Trustee Mike McKay, contains “a few solid changes for ...
- Easter in Cowichan - Cowichan Valley Citizen
Easter in CowichanCowichan Valley Citizen
The Valley's Easter egg hunts kick off at Mill Bay Centre Saturday morning as merchants and the South Cowichan
Rotary get together with Brentwood College to host a fun event. Lexi Bainas, Citizen. Easter in Cowichan_1. 2 of 9. Katie James, 5, enjoys a ...
- Echo Heights plan takes step forward - Cowichan Valley Citizen
Echo Heights plan takes step forwardCowichan Valley Citizen
After lengthy discussion and pleas from residents, North Cowichan
council gave the first two readings last Wednesday to a bylaw that will allow residential development in 20 per cent of Echo Heights while preserving the remaining 80 per cent as a park.
British Columbia News
- China releases Japanese cargo ship
China has released a Japanese cargo ship it seized over a war-time debt, a court statement says, after the Japanese firm paid compensation.
- Indians vote on big polling day
The man who many expect to be India's next leader, Narendra Modi, is due to file his election nomination papers, as polling takes place in the sixth phase of general election.
- Facebook earnings surge on mobile ads
Social networking giant Facebook reports better than expected profits, as a surge in mobile advertising helps boost its revenues.
- Japan pact 'covers disputed islands'
US President Barack Obama restates support for Japan over disputed islands but warns that dialogue - not escalation - is the way forward.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News
Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
Archived Cowichan News
Last Updated on Saturday, 12 May 2012 08:46